Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    audio and video would be nice. When I first saw that you had a stock sport with 16's and 29" tires, I thought you were going for the sleeper look. .
    This thing is Sleeper of the Year.

Dont change a thing. Stock sport with a turbo is hysterical to me.

We need some vid of you smoking an M3.

Sleeper is what I'm going for in general. That's one thing I like about the turbo vs supercharger. The turbo doesn't announce itself until it's too late

I was surprised it isn't intercooled.
    This is only the stage 1 kit. Stage 2 (not yet released) will have an intercooler and more boost. When I upgrade to stage 2, I plan on blacking out the intercooler to continue the sleeper theme.

Can't wait to hear that turbo wine
    There's not really any turbo whine. The turbo itself seems pretty quiet. It's the "whoosh" of air through the wastegate that you mostly hear, then a slightly different "whoosh" of the pressurized intake air flowing backwards out of the air filter when you let off the throttle.

I didn't get a chance to take any video tonight because I was tinkering around with re-routing a hose slightly better and tweaking a few other details of the install. Then it started raining, and then it started RAINING. The rain was so heavy it would have overpowered the turbo sounds. Friday will probably be my next chance, since tomorrow evening is the lift install

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Dont change a thing. Stock sport with a turbo is hysterical to me.
    Stock except for a 2" lift...

I think 33" tires would make it even more of a sleeper. They'll fill the wheel wells nicely and "look" slower