Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your right to the extent of just flex and temps. I will only be at terminal for a short time. But what concerns me is the rotational speeds and the centrifugal forces applied to the tread surface. A 99 mph tire will se a huge jump in G Forces when it is subjected to a 50% increase in tire speed. I am not a tire engineer but my guess is that my life is not worth finding our. I lost a few friends racing the high speed races like the LaCarrera and the Silver State races. 3 were directly due to tire failure at speed on V rated tires. They were a 149 rating and we were going 180 to 200+. I just am being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Your right to the extent of just flex and temps. I will only be at terminal for a short time. But what concerns me is the rotational speeds and the centrifugal forces applied to the tread surface. A 99 mph tire will se a huge jump in G Forces when it is subjected to a 50% increase in tire speed. I am not a tire engineer but my guess is that my life is not worth finding our. I lost a few friends racing the high speed races like the LaCarrera and the Silver State races. 3 were directly due to tire failure at speed on V rated tires. They were a 149 rating and we were going 180 to 200+. I just am being careful.
    I can't afford to lose an active member. Lets get the right tires on this rig.