Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You could try the technique I used in my video: record a video with your phone, holding the phone in your left hand against the steering wheel.

Turn the volume up and listen closely when I shift to 2nd during the acceleration that starts around 1:25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyAZSDR_m8#t=1m25s

There's the "ssshhhHHHHHH" sound of the wastegate as I accelerate, then a "PUuuhhh" sound when I lift off the throttle to change gears. I expect the BOV will replace my "PUuuhhh" with a much more distinct "PSSHHhhh".

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    You could try the technique I used in my video: record a video with your phone, holding the phone in your left hand against the steering wheel.

Turn the volume up and listen closely when I shift to 2nd during the acceleration that starts around 1:25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyAZSDR_m8#t=1m25s

There's the "ssshhhHHHHHH" sound of the wastegate as I accelerate, then a "PUuuhhh" sound when I lift off the throttle to change gears. I expect the BOV will replace my "PUuuhhh" with a much more distinct "PSSHHhhh".
    great sound effects pickles. I understand your meaning completely.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post

I love the sound effects in quotations. I can only describe my acceleration sound as the noise an airplane engine makes when starting up, a higher pitched whir, not quite a whistle, but a whir! The release of throttle for a gear shift definitely has a satisfying "pluhhh--whoooshhh".

This is like those commercials where a person is explaining to their mechanic the noise their suspect car is making!