Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
I'm still running into a jerk/lurch in acceleration sometimes while accelerating through about 2500-2700 rpms. This is with part-throttle, somewhat quick acceleration in 1st gear and sometimes noticeable in 2nd gear. A typical situation where I experience this is turning onto a major road from a complete stop, not stomping on the throttle racing, but just smoothly pressing on the pedal to get up to speed reasonably quickly. Right as I pass through about 2500-2700 rpm, the Jeep will behave as if I quickly lifted off the throttle slightly, then jabbed at the throttle to briefly accelerate more quickly than I previously was. It shakes the Jeep enough for a passenger to notice it and think that I was being sloppy/jerky with my throttle control, or even think that I had just completed a rough shift (manual transmission).
Could not have written a better description of the "surge" us magnuson guys experience. Spot on right down to the RMPs! And I do have an auto trans. I know you're chasing turbo issues but I offer the observation in wondering if the aftermarket tuners could be missing the same thing regardless of the forced induction system.