Close

Thread: Magnuson Tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you have a dyno chart?

What is the difference specificly vs the mag tune? Do you have the surging issue at crusing speed?

Your power numbers seem right for a jeep set up like yours. Sweet Pea did better, but she was on 32s. with 4.10.

what was the expense of the custom tune, and is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Do you have a dyno chart?

What is the difference specificly vs the mag tune? Do you have the surging issue at crusing speed?

Your power numbers seem right for a jeep set up like yours. Sweet Pea did better, but she was on 32s. with 4.10.

what was the expense of the custom tune, and is it worth it?
    I'm still trying to get my hands on the dyno chart. I saw the graph on the dyno, but the technician hasn't pulled it off and emailed it to me yet. The guy doing the tune started with the Magnuson tune and made adjustments to the fuel maps and timing. I don't have any surging issues that I can detect. I haven't tried the cruise control, so surging could be a problem with cruise, but it isn't tested under that condition yet. It cost me $450 for the custom tune. I have to drive it more to see if the tune was worth the money. I've only used half a tank of gas since I had the new tune, so I have to give it a little time.