Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I'm very curious to hear if you end up with any MPG gains. I'm still dumb-founded when people say they get MPG gains after adding a turbo. Let's see, put in a device that pumps in more air, so you can dump in more gas to make a bigger explosion in the cylinder... Result... More fuel efficiency... Umm, something seems wrong with this equation. My only explanation is that Prodigy actually did a better job on the computer program than Chrysler did. Ohh, I guess it would help if the Cat converter and other EPA stuff was removed ;-)

Either way, Pickle, that awesome that you're getting 28 MPG (or say 25 MPG if you weren't driving like a grandma.) Right now, with 35" tires, top off and no doors, I'm getting around 15mpg average in city driving. If I go out on the highway, I bump allllll the way up to 16mpg.
I'm actually thinking I'm somewhere between 1 and 2 mpg better thus far. I'll have to finish the tank. Turbos are used throughout the world to make more efficient engines. Wasted energy converted into more air for an engine to combust. Doesn't surprise me a bit that there could be a fuel economy gain, especially on the highway. I'll have to stay off the pedal for a bit on a road trip tomorrow to see what happens.