Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    I already drive a wildcard-- AM General M35A2 it has been my daily driver for 8 years now. Other then my company truck.
    Last edited by Timmy; 02-25-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.
    In 1967 Studebaker went belly up and they Sold Kaiser the General Production Division- this included the military contract for the 2.5 and 5 ton vehicles. Kaiser gave the Indiana Production facility over to Jeep. The Trucks were rebadged from 1968 onwards as Kaiser-Jeep M35A2's or the five ton models were called M54's. In 1970 Kaiser was purchased by Renault. But due to the laws at the time no foreign company could own a company producing vital military products. The Kaiser-Jeep Division was sold to American Motors Company. They Created for the Military Contract the AM General Badge for the military trucks. However, trucks were already on the production line from 1970-1971 were all badged with left over Kaiser-Jeep Badges since they were still in supply. Since my truck is a 1970- it is hard to tell if the truck is truly just an Am General or Kaiser-Jeep Product since it could have been started as a Kaiser-Jeep product and finished as Am General product. Also at no time did I call it a hummer. You had a poll option for wildcard not a jeep-- I picked that one.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 02-25-2015 at 04:34 PM.