Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    Bigger is better. Bigger is better Timmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ow9Ij8XUHs

And if possible wear a viking helmet and smoke a fine Cigar!
    Ok, now post a video where yukon gears fail. They are garbage right? should be plenty of videos on failure.

The truth is, yukon is the best option in gears. If they are not your choice in gears and axles, then you are on a budget. Does anyone else promise silent gears?

Now to the driveshaft. have you driven yet? any difference in driving? any noise? vibration?

Bigger is better. Bigger is better Timmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ow9Ij8XUHs

And if possible wear a viking helmet and smoke a fine Cigar!
    So is that your rig in the video?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    So is that your rig in the video?
    That's the Duke, which is my M35A2. I've owned it for 8 years now. I love it. But it does have problems-- things I'm improving. ANd that is me with the Viking Helmet and Cigar.... I need a better Viking Helmet too... I found really cool one on the internet that I am going to purchase.

That's the Duke, which is my M35A2. I've owned it for 8 years now. I love it. But it does have problems-- things I'm improving. ANd that is me with the Viking Helmet and Cigar.... I need a better Viking Helmet too... I found really cool one on the internet that I am going to purchase.
    So, tell us about your Jeep! The Duke is cool and all, but no offense, I'm more interested in hearing about Jeeps.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.

It is a jeep-- it was made by kaiser-jeep in 1970.
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.

I already drive a wildcard-- AM General M35A2 it has been my daily driver for 8 years now. Other then my company truck.
    Last edited by Timmy; 02-25-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Sorry, still not interested in hearing much about it. BTW, nice that you claim it's a Hummer when you want it to be a Hummer (say in the poll I had created) and now call it a Jeep when you want it to be a Jeep.
    In 1967 Studebaker went belly up and they Sold Kaiser the General Production Division- this included the military contract for the 2.5 and 5 ton vehicles. Kaiser gave the Indiana Production facility over to Jeep. The Trucks were rebadged from 1968 onwards as Kaiser-Jeep M35A2's or the five ton models were called M54's. In 1970 Kaiser was purchased by Renault. But due to the laws at the time no foreign company could own a company producing vital military products. The Kaiser-Jeep Division was sold to American Motors Company. They Created for the Military Contract the AM General Badge for the military trucks. However, trucks were already on the production line from 1970-1971 were all badged with left over Kaiser-Jeep Badges since they were still in supply. Since my truck is a 1970- it is hard to tell if the truck is truly just an Am General or Kaiser-Jeep Product since it could have been started as a Kaiser-Jeep product and finished as Am General product. Also at no time did I call it a hummer. You had a poll option for wildcard not a jeep-- I picked that one.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 02-25-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Don't screw with Horned Helmet and Cigar. I think that is necessary equipment.

Well, the reality is that I cannot go off road in the company of smaller trucks than myself. I'm too big and even when I don't mean to do damage to the trail I do. That's the reality. Think about it if you have 37 inch tires and I have 41.70 inch tires and I'm sinking into the mud 12-20 inches at points you don't have the clearance to follow in my tracks. You have maybe 8 inches of ground clearance with a 4" lift .which is the highest practical lift to operate with on the road. So that simply means that you are stuck in my ruts all day long and I'm stuck pulling you out. So basically, I really cannot go out with normal small trucks. I have to go so far behind people that it is boring for me. Which is sort of a bummer.

There are some logging roads that reaction out into the mountains where I go but I cannot film their because well it is not legal for me to go. But I do. In the Spring I give the Skidders a good run for their money when it comes to mud creation. Nor can I film in the quarry it is the town quarry!

As for pulling out trucks-- well that is easy but, I can damage vehicles very easily with the brute force of the truck. In low range this truck will just keep pulling until it rips off parts of the others' vehicle. And it would take 3 to 4 jeeps to extract myself from a mud pit. So, I just go places by myself. It makes it easier-- a little boring at times but easier because i don't have to worry about the other vehicles of smaller size traveling behind me.

You're right I really don't leave people behind- I just don't go out with others because it is way way too hard. But I wanted to see what sort of reaction I would get if I used the Top Gear Rules...

As for Yukon Products-- no, I don't like them at all. I've seen several failures of the gear sets in relatively easy driving applications. But, hey if people like them what do I care. I would as I said just get gears from a custom gear shop or a company like Ouverson. Then again I have basically no other choices for my 2.5 ton Rockwell Axles but Ouverson or custom gear shops. And the Rockwell Transfercase I can only have custom gears made for it because no one else works on it. The Drive Shafts I purchased custom only because of the size the shafts are short and DANA 1710's weren't available in my size. Otherwise I would have used them since they work fine up to the torque ratings I want. So, this was just easier and about the same price.

I like to talk about all trucks- Jeeps, Maz, Kraz, Unimogs, Urals, Tatras, Oshkoshs, Walters, FWD's, Fauns' , Deutzs, and so on. I don't believe in focusing on just one vehicle or type so on I believe in learning about them all seeing what features on each truck are the best.