Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
Actually, yes it is. The $30k AEV conversion is the cost of a complete "turnkey" package of a professional installation using a kit of OEM-quality components designed to work together flawlessly, designed/developed/tested by a trusted/respected company (who employs some ex-Chrysler engineers) that produces many of the same kit, provides warranty/support for their conversion kit, and essentially promises (their reputation is at risk) that it will be reliable for years to come.

So you admit that the entire point of this thread was not at all to provide any practical information that is readily applicable to the Jeep Wrangler, but just to proclaim your love for diesel and show off your knowledge about how they can be heavily modified by engine building/tuning experts to produce massive power.
As they say-- Dude, What Are You Smoking??? You're statements have nothing to do with my statement. A guy said I was crazy for my plan. I was merely stating that any time you sink 30-40K in a vehicle it is lost cause for getting your money back. It doesn't matter how reliable it is supposedly from the aftermarket producer you still need to sell some on the fact that your Vehicle is bees knees and to be honest home kits usually don't inspire great after market sales. That was my point. If you're going to sink $30-$40K in a vehicle you might as well make it a MONSTER!

You're in love with drawing false conclusions aren't you? The fact is that no matter who builds it and who puts in it problems can arise. And the fact is the manufacturer will fight you tooth and nail on most issues-- especially ones they can reasonably pass of as end user failures!

Actually, the point of my thread was simply this if you want get massive power from a small displacement engine on pump fuels with great reliability-- DIESEL is the way to go. All of which is actually applicable to the Wrangler type vehicle. I prefer bigger diesels, but the principles are all the same and that is true. So, that is why, I wouldn't necessarily care to build a JK with a 3.9 4BT engine that makes 440-500hp at the rear wheels with 700-900ft-lbs of torque for a daily driver- it is possible. Any time you start pushing 100+ HP liter you run the risk of reliability issues. But, if you can only fit comfortable a 3.9L engine in the slot-- well take what you are given and work with it.

Could you make a kit like Brusiers or AEV that is OEM compatible with super-high HP and Torque ratings-- hell, yeah they do it all the time. I could in theory start the Saleen of Diesel Jeep Conversions. I wouldn't because I'm just not that interested in doing that.