Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You should never leave someone behind just because of their choice of equipment. Every persons budget is different. There's no reason to treat people as such. We are all trying to enjoy the same pastime. I also don't take lightly to people who tear sh** up and doesn't give a crap whether they do or not. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad rap and the reason why many off road clubs have to continue the fight to keep ORV parks open. I can see why you had a short stay in that club.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    You should never leave someone behind just because of their choice of equipment. Every persons budget is different. There's no reason to treat people as such. We are all trying to enjoy the same pastime. I also don't take lightly to people who tear sh** up and doesn't give a crap whether they do or not. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad rap and the reason why many off road clubs have to continue the fight to keep ORV parks open. I can see why you had a short stay in that club.

I'm there to do my thing-- if you didn't prepare correctly[purchase the best stuff possible] or cannot handle the terrain-- I leave you in the dust. I find it a great imposition by people to expect to be molly-cuddled by other people who are better prepared or better equipped. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I prefer to go off road alone. However, that being said I feel no obligation to damage my vehicle rescuing yours. So, yes, I will leave you in the ditch every time. I might even laugh at you and point as I drive by. If it is a water obstacle I'll pull you the person out of the water-- the ark you sank in-- no! Better get that vehicle some water wings.

My truck is 13,500lbs unloaded and 18,500lbs fully loaded off road-- so you figure out of course it is going to leave marks on the Earth it is impossible not to. If it rains and you have soft ground I will dig in 20 inches deep and create furrows the size of my four dual rear tires. That is a fact of life. I like the big stuff and it does more damage that is just the reality of playing with the big stuff. I usually, like to play in rock quarries and other areas where plenty of damage is already done to minimize it. However, that being said I'm hell on a good field in Spring with V-bars acting like mud chains. I really need a more aggressive type of chain for Alaska.
    Last edited by KaiserBill; 02-25-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Brother, he'll never see your point. Do like Elsa and let it go. I've driven all kinds of large vehicles...I'd never want to own one or take one off road at an off road park. Booooo rrrriiiinnng. Ever seen a deuce and a half rock crawl? Nah. But Kaiser does his thing and has an opinion and that is what he's sticking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Brother, he'll never see your point. Do like Elsa and let it go. I've driven all kinds of large vehicles...I'd never want to own one or take one off road at an off road park. Booooo rrrriiiinnng. Ever seen a deuce and a half rock crawl? Nah. But Kaiser does his thing and has an opinion and that is what he's sticking too.
    I've seen a Tatra T 813 rock crawl. I've rock crawled over stuff with my M35... I'm more into a Dresden Braslau Rally stuff or truck trial stuff.... Rock Crawling is boring to me. Give a raging river, an open field that will become a quagmire of mud 3 feet deep and I'm happy; Oh and give me a good 40 inch snow storm-- love snow. I like rock walls I usually drive over them no problem. With the new lockers in the truck the off camber stuff with it be great.

The smallest I would go is a Unimog u900 but I like the u1300 and u1500 series a lot. But really when in doubt I go bigger!

I just realized how much I'd like to see you and your rig on the next Alaska Offroad Warriors show. I have a feeling you and your rig would make for some very entertaining TV.

http://www.history.com/shows/alaska-...arriors/videos
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I just realized how much I'd like to see you and your rig on the next Alaska Offroad Warriors show. I have a feeling you and your rig would make for some very entertaining TV.

http://www.history.com/shows/alaska-...arriors/videos

I just don't think that show is really a history show. I'm not a fan of it. But I would love to trek across Siberia in Winter. Too bad Putin is being a moron.