Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From what i know the quantity of oil should be 6ltrs, when they drained it it have a little over 9ltrs, that was just from opening the pan, oile was also there in my exhaust all the way from headers till the catback.
    I hade to have it all chemically washed.
    And what was really confusing is that untill i took it for repair there was no codes, no check engine, nothing!!!
    This is all based on the repair report that i was givin and talking to the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOM View Post
    From what i know the quantity of oil should be 6ltrs, when they drained it it have a little over 9ltrs, that was just from opening the pan, oile was also there in my exhaust all the way from headers till the catback.
    I hade to have it all chemically washed.
    And what was really confusing is that untill i took it for repair there was no codes, no check engine, nothing!!!
    This is all based on the repair report that i was givin and talking to the mechanic.
    Dang, sorry to hear about all that. I overfilled the oil on my VW Passat one time (which had a tuned turbo in it) and had a similar experience. I used a new oil suction device to pull the oil out through the fill tube. Nice product, BUT, you have to get the oil heated up first to pull the oil out. Well, I used it for the first time and nothing was really coming out, I freaked out thinking my car wasn't running with any oil, so I like any dumb idiot in this circumstance, instead of questioning the new gizmo product I bought, I dumped more oil in. After less than a day, I realized, I just doubled the amount of oil in the engine. I promptly drained it using the old-school method (drain plug) and then re-filled, and the car worked without issue for tens of thousands of more miles.

Regarding Jeep not covering the engine cost. By law, they have to *prove* that your modification did the damage. If we didn't have this law, then technically they could drill a hole in your engine block, destroying the engine, and claim it was because of YOUR modifications that the engine failed and not THEIR drill hole through the engine block that cracked the thing in half. If memory serves, I believe this is call the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 that protects you and requires that they expend the time and effort to prove their claim (http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/magmoss.htm)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Regarding Jeep not covering the engine cost. By law, they have to *prove* that your modification did the damage. ... Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975
    I don't think U.S. law applies to AGOM over in Oman

But I would be interested to hear if there's any kind of similar law/precedent over there.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I don't think U.S. law applies to AGOM over in Oman

But I would be interested to hear if there's any kind of similar law/precedent over there.
    Ahh, I see, I didn't even check his profile to see that he was not in the U.S. Yes, that would make sense that the laws would be different. Sorry about that AGOM, I'm not used to checking to see if a JeepLab members is not based in the U.S.

That being said, it was a nice chance to whip out that little tid-bit for any U.S. owners that are concerned about how their mod would impact their warranty.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.