Close

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Really stole my thunder dude. I was there and took these exact pics. 90 minute drive WASTED!

(well not really, BB got some attention)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Really stole my thunder dude. I was there and took these exact pics. 90 minute drive WASTED!

(well not really, BB got some attention)
    If I had only known!

Not knowing whether or not it's safe to post I'm going out on a limb here (haha). Intake manifold is on the motor. Balance of engine prep underway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3498.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1553

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    Not knowing whether or not it's safe to post I'm going out on a limb here (haha). Intake manifold is on the motor. Balance of engine prep underway.

Name:	IMG_3498.jpg 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1553
    For those not familiar with the AEV hemi conversion kit it comes with an AEV configured intake for the 6.4L hemi. It's basically the same intake but specifically made to work with the Chrysler/AEV engine control. The SRT 6.4L hemi intake uses two different length runners. It changes the runners at a certain RPM. The dual runner system improves the torque curve. The AEV intake keeps the dual runner system in tact when installed in the wrangler application. Not sure how other hemi conversions handle it.

Motor is in the chassis!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	1554

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	1555

Does this conversion retain the original 5 speed gearbox?
    If so, are you not going to just run into the same gear change issues you were having with the SC 3.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy14 View Post
    Does this conversion retain the original 5 speed gearbox?
    If so, are you not going to just run into the same gear change issues you were having with the SC 3.6?
    Yes and no. Yes, it retains the same gearbox. No, I shouldn't have the same shifting issues. The reason is that the conversion includes a new PCM (powertrain control module). The PCM includes the engine controller and transmission controller. Both units in the new PCM are programmed to work correctly with the 6.4l motor. The problem with the SC companies is that they, through DiabloSport, can only recalibrate the engine controller. They can't make changes to the transmission controller. So the new supercharged engine is mismatched with the automatic transmission.

Body is back on! I'm told they may start it tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_3624.jpg 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	1562

Oh so close! I'm going to stop by the shop tomorrow (time permitting) and hopefully get to hear it when they start it. Then, pick up on Friday.

Name:	IMG_3628.jpg 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1566

Name:	IMG_3629.jpg 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1567